1. How do I know if an item is available in the Library ?
If an item is available on shelf for use, the status shows "Available". If an item is not available on shelf, the status shows:
- “Due Date: Day/Month/Year” – being checked out until the date indicated
- “On Hold” – being kept in the Circulation Counter for pick up
- “In Process” – being processed and is not available for circulation
- “Library Use Only” – restricted to be used in the Library only
- “Closed Stack” – being kept in Store Room. You may request the item from the Circulation Counter.
2. What is a call number ?
All library materials are classified by subject. Call number prefix is also assigned to the call number to provide additional information on the type / format of the material and the item's location. Please click HERE to view the detailed information on call numbers.
3. Where do I find an item ?
With the Library Catalogue, you may find the location code, the call number and the status of an item. The location codes of the Library include:
- Book Collection
- Reference Collection
- Journals Collection
- Reserve Collection
- Multimedia Collection
- Special Collection
- Staff Publications